Terms and Conditions – Standard Yogscast Ltd Competition Rules
1) Yogscast competitions (the “Competition”) are open to persons aged 16 years or over who are residents of the United Kingdom and the EU (“Entrant Country”) except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition (“Entrants”).
2) The Competition is open for entries are per the instructions on official Yogscast channels, including all social media accounts ("Opening Date") and closes as per those instructions (Closing Date"). Where there is no on-screen instruction it shall be assumed that the Opening Date will be immediate and the Closing Date will be 24 hours from the Opening Date. The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the “Competition Period”.
3) The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”).
4) To enter the Competition, Entrants must follow the on-screen instructions at the time the Competition was announced.
5) Each Entrant may submit multiple entries but will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
6) Each Entrant must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 6 and 7. In addition, entries must not contain any:
pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit language or imagery;
abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language;
harassing or defamatory content;
content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality;
violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or
spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
7) Each Entrant grants to the Promoter a worldwide non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use entries for promotional purposes and for all the purposes related to the Competition, across all media including any online platforms under the Promoter’s control and any YouTube channel owned or operated by Yogscast Ltd.
8) Entries must not breach any third party copyright. The Promoter accepts no liability if Entrants ignore these Terms and each Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Promoter against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these Terms.
9) Each Winner will be selected by the means outlined on-screen when the Competition is announced and the selection of the Winner or Winners will be made by employees of Yogscast Ltd. The decision of the judges is final.
10) The Promoter shall notify each Winner and each Runner-Up, by email to the email address provided by the Entrant at the time of entry.
11) In order to claim their Prize (as defined below), the Winner and each Runner-Up must respond appropriately to the Promoter’s notification email within 30 days from the date of the Promoter’s notification email, and provide their full name, postal address and date of birth.
12) The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send prizes within 14 days of receiving a Winner’s and/or a Runner-Up’s details.
13) In these terms, “Prize” shall mean the Winner Prize and/or a Runner-Up Prize, as appropriate in the context.
14) Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
15) The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
16) In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
17) The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
18) If a Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner’s and/or a Runner-Up’s statutory rights (if any).
19) Each Winner and each Runner-Up agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
20) If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded. If an Entrant fails to comply with clauses 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and/or 11, or uses multiple accounts to enter, or if there is any reason to believe that anyone voting for an Entrant’s submission has been paid or incentivised in any way, either by an Entrant or a third party, they will be excluded from the Competition and their entry will be declared void.
21) Each Winner and each Runner-Up may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction’s tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
22) The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish the Winner’s and each Runner-Up’s name on the Promoter’s website(s) and any YouTube channel owned or controlled by Yogscast Ltd.
23) The “Promoter” is Yogscast Ltd with its registered address at Victoria House,, 26 Queen Victoria Street, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 1TG.
24) To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.