YOGCON CODE OF CONDUCT
It is very important to us that every person attending YogCon has a positive and rewarding experience and to that end we invite all attendees, volunteers, creators, vendors, sponsors and other “Participants” to help us realise a safe, respectful, and positive experience for everyone. When you participate in YogCon you are contributing to the overall experience, which makes us all accountable to each other.
We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion. We have established this Code of Conduct to outline our expectations for participant behaviour as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour. By attending you are agreeing to abide by this Code of Conduct. This includes YogCon related social events at off-site locations, and in related online communities and social media.
Fourth Floor Creative expects that community members will:
1. Be considerate and respectful to all community members.
2. Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behaviour, materials, and speech.
3. Speak up if they observe anything at an event that conflicts with this Code of Conduct. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the Event Staff immediately.
Unacceptable behaviour from any community member will not be tolerated. Unacceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to:
1. Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech, materials, or conduct by any Participants of the event and related event activities. Some event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
2. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments, jokes and language, personal insults related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces; deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of events; inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
3. Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
4. Harassment or negative behaviour, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates anxiety in a person.
5. Taking of photos within the event environment for use on social media, without the prior permission of the individuals or owners of the content therein.
6. Taking of photos within the event environment for use on social media, that can be seen to contain derogatory imagery, or language.
7. Any boisterous, lewd, or offensive behaviour or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behaviour, or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs.
8. Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the event venue.
9. Possession of any item that can be used as a weapon and may cause danger to others.
10. Drinking alcohol outside designated areas. Please drink responsibly.
11. Possession or use of any illegal substance. YogCon does not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances anywhere in the venue.
12. Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behaviour.
13. Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the Venue.
CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR
Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately. If a Participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, Event Organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning or expelling the offender from YogCon with no refund or re-admission.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WITNESS OR ARE SUBJECTED TO UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR
If you are subjected to unacceptable behaviour, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns, please notify Event Staff and they will be available to assist those experiencing unacceptable behaviour to feel safe for the duration of the event. All reports will remain completely confidential.
The Code of Conduct is the product of the Fourth Floor Creative’s commitment to create and nurture a welcoming, respectful, and collaborative community, and we thank our Participants for sharing our commitment. All decisions about appropriate and inappropriate behaviour are at the sole discretion of the event organisers.